Physiotherapy is a science that helps improve movement dysfunction and promote functions of the human body and optimal health. This involves assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of disease and disability through physical means. The practice of physiotherapy is dedicated to movement sciences and is concerned with the function of body systems.
Role of a job of a physiotherapist
Physiotherapists work with patients with physical difficulties that may be a result of illness, injury, disability or aging.
A physiotherapist will need to:
- work with patients to identify and treat their physical problems.
- develop treatment programmes.
- encourage exercise and movement by use of techniques.
- assist patients following surgery, injury, accident, and strokes.
- enhancing tolerance in exercise and daily activities.
- educating about the condition and therapy program.